Friday, January 23, 2004

verse, chorus, verse

i do not write poetry very well, but here are some things i've written that i kind of like.

this one is just an exercise in repetition, but it's fun:

don't variations

don't make me cry
don't make me laugh
don't make me pity you
don't make me like you

don't be my hero
you can't take the fall
don't be a martyr
up against the wall

don't do me like that
don't do me no wrong
don't do what i say
just do what you do .... uh huh

don't say whatever
don't turn away
don't never say never
don't lose your way

(6/25/02)


this was written in anger, and no small measure of self-loathing, when drunk, in the aftermath of unwanted advances from a troll:

my pretty face is going to hell

do you know what it's like to be me?
no you don't. here's a sample:
"oh, you're such an amazing writer,
and you have incredible tits.
i've always been in love with you.
i want to fuck you
but i know that will never happen.
yet i feel no hesitation
in telling you all this.
because i am a man,
and every thought i have
is meaningful
valid
and worth sharing.
i never imagine how much
it might freak you out,
because why would you be freaked out
to know how much i want and love you?
in fact it would never even occur
to me to consider that."
right. and so it's left to me to deal
as usual.
hah. everybody knows i enjoy it.

(9/25/02)


and this is my best poem so far:

i saw the stars come out

the sky beckoned
a dark sapphire pulse at twilight
i looked up into it
like something was about to happen
i saw maybe a quarter moon
and all that blue
turning into cobalt
i just kept searching the ether
then a tiny flash broke the skin
a little flare from space
and all at once the heavens
were studded with glittering chips

(8/6/03)

No comments: